This is a recipe that Steve has cooked for me several times this year. I have tried to make it once for my parents and it went horribly wrong, I cooked the gnocchi for far too long and the whole dish became mushy and starchy, so I usually leave this dish to Steve!
150g raw king prawns
500g fresh potato gnocchi
Juice of half a lemon
1 bunch of asparagus chopped into small chunks
60g butter cubed
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tbsp of capers
Handfull of fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Cook the gnocchi in a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes or until the gnocchi starts rising to the top of the water.
- Drain the gnocchi then melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the gnocchi.
- Pan fry the gnocchi until it begins to brown.
- Add the garlic and prawns and cook until the prawns turn pink in colour.
- Add the remaining butter and asparagus and stir until all the butter has melted.
- Stir in the parsley, capers and lemon juice and serve.