This recipe is absolutely gorgeous and loved by all my veggie (and non-veggie) friends. I’ve had several requests to put the recipe up on the blog, so here you go! If you don’t have time to bake the sweet potatoes – whizz them in the microwave for 10 minutes instead.
2 large sweet potatoes
380g canned chickpeas
2 big handfuls of spinach
1tsp smoked paprika
20g pine nuts
For the creamed cashews:
10 chives chopped into small pieces
2tbsp greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ and when it has reached temperature, put the sweet potatoes in for 1 hour.
- Whilst the potatoes are baking, heat the cashews in a pan over a medium heat so that they start to lightly brown. Remove from the heat and place the cashews in a blender with the greek yogurt and chives. Blitz into a smooth paste.
- Just before the potatoes are done, heat the drained chickpeas in a pan with the paprika, salt and pepper to warm them through.
- In another pan heat the pine nuts over a medium heat so that they are lightly toasted.
- Put the spinach in another pan and pour enough boiling water over it so that the spinach wilts.
- To serve, remove the potatoes from the oven, slice them in half and place on a plate. Add one dollop of the creamed cashews to each half. Top each with the the drained wilted spinach, chickpeas and pine nuts.