This recipe definitely proves that salads can be exciting. This salad has chorizo in and by just adding it to roast with the potatoes at the end means that the delicious flavours of the chorizo ooze all over the potatoes! For a vegetarian option, you could replace the chorizo with feta or goats cheese.
For the salad:
1kg baby new potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
225g Spanish chorizo ring
220g cherry tomatoes halved
4 handfuls of watercress
1 handful of parsley roughly chopped
Sea Salt flakes and pepper
2 tbsp aioli
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Cut the new potatoes in half or bite-sized pieces, place in a pan of cold water and bring the water to boil, turn the heat down slightly and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until a knife will go through them but they’re not too soft.
2. Drain the potatoes then line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and tip the potatoes in. Drizzle with a good helping of olive oil and sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt flakes and some black pepper. Roast for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden.
3. Whilst the potatoes are cooking slice the chorizo and cut each slice in half these can be then added to the potatoes for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
4. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and when hot add the pine nuts and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted and golden, take care not to burn them.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked, remove the tray from the oven. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together apart from the aioli.
6. Divide the salad between 4 plates then add dollops of aioli onto each salad.