I made this last week as a replacement for spaghetti bolognese. It’s really quick, easy and extremely tasty.
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
350g good quality sausage meat
1 red pepper
2tbsp sundried tomato paste
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
400g pasta (I used rigatoni)
handful of fresh basil leaves
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. In a pan heat up a glug of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add in the sausage meat and bash it around with your spoon so that it resembles mince meat.
- Chop up the pepper and mushrooms into small pieces and once the sausage meat has cooked, add these to the pan.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the sundried tomato paste and tinned tomatoes and stir.
- Leave to simmer for about 10 minutes and in the meantime cook the pasta.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and then add to the tomato sauce and stir well.
- Serve immediately with freshly chopped basil.