If like me you’re obsessed with cream eggs and mini eggs, this recipe is for you! This year I made these delicious bites to give out instead of Easter eggs, it also stopped Steve and me from eating the whole lot!
Makes about 16 squares
200g good quality milk chocolate
200g good quality dark chocolate
1 tbsp golden syrup
100g digestive biscuits
50g mini marshmallows
1 pack of mini eggs
5 cream eggs cut into small pieces
- Line an 8″x 8″ tin with greaseproof paper.
- Break up the chocolate into a heatproof bowl, add the butter and golden syrup then melt this all together over a pan of boiling water on the hob. Stirring occasionally so that everything melts and is combined.
- Once everything has melted, remove from the heat.
- Put the biscuits into a sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush the biscuits into small-medium pieces.
- Add the crushed biscuits and about two-thirds of the marshmallows to the chocolate mixture and stir.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into your lined tin and spread out evenly.
- Cover the top of the chocolate mixture with mini eggs, the remaining marshmallows and the cream eggs pieces.
- Cover with cling film and leave to set in the fridge overnight.