I have decided to stay over at my parents’ house this weekend so I can make my Mum breakfast in bed for Mother’s day, just like we used to do as children. I’m going to make french toast using fresh rye bread and topped with Greek yogurt and strawberries.
2 slices of fresh rye bread or bread of your choice
2 tbsp honey
1 large egg
splash of milk
1 tsp coconut oil
5 fresh strawberries
2 tsp strawberry jam
2 tbsp greek yogurt
1. Spread a layer of honey on to both sides of your bread.
2. In a bowl lightly whisk together the egg and milk. Dunk your bread into this mixture so it is covered.
3. In a frying pan heat up the coconut oil over a medium heat. Once it is melted, add your 2 pieces of bread to the pan. Cool for about 1 minute on each side or just until the bread starts to go golden.
4. In the meantime, cut up the strawberries into small pieces and mix with the jam.
5. Place a dollop of Greek yogurt onto each slice of bread, top with the strawberry mixture and then drizzle the remaining honey over the top.