These are super easy to make and are the perfect weekend breakfast treat, served warm with a milky coffee on the side!
1 320g pack of premade puff pastry
50g pistachio nuts
1 tbsp maple syrup
25g milk or dark chocolate drops
1 egg beaten
1) Preheat oven to 180°C
2) To make the pistachio butter, blitz the nuts and maple syrup in a blender to form a smooth paste, if you want it a bit looser add some more maple syrup.
3) Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface. Spoon the pistachio butter onto the pastry and spread it all over.
4) Cut the pastry into 4 strips. Sprinkle the chocolate drops over each strip then fold each strip in half length ways so that the pistachio butter is enclosed.
5) Take 2 of the folded strips and plait them together, from top to bottom. Then cut in half in the middle so that you get 2 smaller twists. Repeat with the 2 remaining strips of pastry.
6) Brush the pastry twists with the egg. Then place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the twists look golden.