This is another recipe made by my good friend Sara. The sesame crusted tuna steaks is a recipe taken from Jamie Oliver and it goes so well with this gorgeous, fresh Thai noodle salad.
For the tuna:
glug of olive oil
2 thick pieces of tuna steak
1 tbsp miso paste
4 tbsp sesame seeds
6 spring onions chopped
100g sugar snap peas
For the salad:
200g fresh vermicelli noodles (or dried and cooked to packet instructions)
1 carrot spiralised
half cucumber spiralised
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
Juice from 1 lime
1 bunch of coriander roughly chopped
1 handful of roasted peanuts roughly chopped
1) To prepare the salad, add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2) For the tuna, use your fingers to cover the outside of the steaks with the miso paste.
3) Pour the sesame seeds onto a plate and coat the tuna steak into them so they have a good coating.
4) Heat the olive oil in a wok or non-stick frying pan, when the oil is hot add the tuna steaks and cook each side for about 2 minutes. This will leave the tuna lovely and pink inside, but if you’d prefer it cooked through cook for a few minutes longer.
5) Once you have cooked the tuna, leave to rest on a plate or board then use the same pan to cook the spring onion and sugar snaps. Cook for 2 minutes allowing them still to have crunch to them.
6) Add the spring onion and sugar snaps to the salad and combine. Split the salad between 2 plates and place the tuna steaks on top.