This is such a easy soup to make, most of the ingredients can go straight into the slow cooker with little preparation. It’s packed with protein so will keep you feeling full for hours.
2 chicken breasts
1 large sweet potato
100g dried black beans
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp chipotle paste
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 litre chicken stock
- Place the chicken and quinoa into the slow cooker.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into relatively large chunks and add to the pot.
- Rinse the black beans in cold water then add to the pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, adding the stock last so that it covers the ingredients.
- Put the slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours is up, use a spoon to stir the pot then using two forks, shred the chicken into fine pieces.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread or tortilla chips.